Name: Tracy DeVon Feagan
DOB: July 20, 1970
Race: African American
Marital Status: Married since 1998
Age: 49 years
State where you are from: Alabama
State where indicted: Tennessee
Will release to: Birmingham, Alabama
Did you go to trial or pled guilty: By trial
Charges: Count One-Conspiracy to distribute five (5) kilograms or more of cocaine hydrochloride of 21 U.S.C. §§ 846 and 841 (b)(1)(A), and Count 2-Conspiracy to commit money laundering, in violation of 18 U.S.C. §§ 1956 (a)(1)(A)(i) and (a)(1)(B)(I) and (h)
Length of Sentence: Life
Served: 12 years (13 years in August 2020)
Started Sentence on: August 24, 2007
Release Date: None
Priors: Three (3). 1. December 23, 1993 — Distribution of a controlled substance, Birmingham, Alabama. Four (4) Years Probation, completed without violation. This prior did not qualify and was not used to enhance sentence under the 851 Statute.
2. November, 2000 — Possession of powder cocaine hydrochloride, 400+ grams, Livingston Parish, Louisiana. Five (5) Years Probation.
3. May, 2001 — Possession of marijuana, approximately 9 lbs., Texas Department of Criminal Justice. Sentenced to two (2) years; served 6 months and paroled for good behavior.
Prison Conduct: Impressive disciplinary record and nonviolent.
Inmate Discipline Data Form shows only one (1) isolated incident for failure to urinate within two (2) hours and that occurred because of severe dehydration from playing basketball for hours on a hot day of August. Feagan has no pattern of violence during his imprisonment and is regarded as a kind and respectful person by his fellow inmates and correction officers.
Congresswoman Terri A. Sewell – Alabama’s 7th District; Dr. Quinton E. Hammonds, Pastor; Antioch Missionary Baptist Church; Phyllis Feagan Wyne (Mother of Petitioner); Retired Training Specialist, AT&T (1996) Retired Nonprofit Executive (2017) Birmingham Board of Education, President and Board Member (2002-2013) Nonprofit Consultant; Alabama Association of School Boards Trainer; Genesis Wyne Player, MA and Doctoral candidate (Sister of Petitioner); Vice President – Strategic Initiatives and Quality Assurance; YWCA-Central Alabama; Samella C. Martin, MA (Godmother); Former Educator (Teacher, Principal, and Board Administrator) ; Former Birmingham Housing Authority Commissioner; Mr. Robert Earl Kelly, Owner; Kelly Road Builders; Mr. Ronald D. Mitchell, Managing Director; Grey-Bushelon Funeral Services ; Darryl Bender (Mentor, Coach & Attorney) ; Gwendolyn B. Guster Welch, MA (former teacher)
Institution: USP Atlanta
Accomplishments: High School Graduation 1989; Received scholarships in both music and basketball; Completed 2 years of college.
While imprisoned, accomplished the following:
• Current Work Assignment: D-1 Orderly (since 2018) Second in line for Head Orderly
• Current Care Assignments: Care1 – Healthy or Simple Chronic Care; Care1-MH – Mental Health; Coronavirus Crew
• Education Courses: Real Estate, Commercial Driver’s License, Beginner Digital Photography, Workforce Reintegration, RPP1 AIDS and Disease Prevention, Breathing Technique Stress, Eating Right, Yoga Class
• Current Drug Assignments: Drug Education Complete (04-27-2010)
• Medical Duty Status: Regular Duty, Cleared for Food Service
Health Issues: Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), Pediatric Sickle Cell Anemia; hereditary heart condition Feagan’s father at age 35 and uncle at age 17 died from enlarged hearts. (Research shows that enlarged hearts are often caused by a viral infection.)